Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Read this during my time with the Lord this morning . . . and I haven't been able to get it out of my mind!
 
There is no audience in the body of Christ.  There are only believers, only servants. We're the body.  We're the hands, the feet, the ears, and the toes . . . . We're the first and primary way that Jesus is going to love on others. We're His chosen vessels. He chooses to love them through us. That's His design for the Church. We are their clearest picture of Jesus. And how we respond is how they're going to see God.
 
It's pretty humbling to realize that I am the clearest picture of Jesus that some people will ever see.  I know I don't do this perfectly . . . in fact, if I'm honest, some days I don't do it very well at all.  How do I deal with the reality that the way I respond in different situations is how someone watching me is going to see God?
 
I need to run to God daily minute by minute, leaning on His grace and strength so that my life is a reflection of His work in me.

No comments: