Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Nine years ago . . .

Nine years ago today, we welcomed our first-born son . . .  after two months of bed rest for Mommy!
 We were so excited for his arrival - it felt like we waited extra-long for him after his sister's super-early arrival three years before!


 Jaden was born at 8:15 AM on May 14, 2004 - he weighed 7 pounds, 4 ounces and was 20 inches long.
 Because of the circumstances of Lael's birth and the fact that we couldn't hold her for over a month after she was born, I was extremely anxious to snuggle Jaden.  However, the hospital was super busy, and they didn't have a room ready for me.  So finally I asked if I could hold him in the hallway while we waited for our room . . . and they agreed!
 Lael was quite excited to meet her baby brother - but she didn't like the fact that Mommy and Brother had to stay in the hospital for a couple of days before coming home.
 Daddy and his boy
 Leaving the hospital
 Jaden - all ready to come home!
 It felt soooo wonderful to have our little family together at home!
 I had no idea when we welcomed this sweet baby boy into our family what was in store for us - all the giggling, dare-devil climbing, upside-down hanging, hole-digging, LEGO-building, computer game playing fun that a little boy would bring to my life.  But I wouldn't change a minute of it! 
Happy 9th birthday, Jaden!  I am so proud of the young man you are becoming and am so blessed to be your mom!

No comments: