Monday, May 14, 2012

Looking back - 8 years ago!

Eight years ago today we welcomed
Jaden Matthew Martin into our family!

He was 7 pounds, 4 ounces - which seemed huge after our
micro-preemie Lael!

Because I had to wait so long to hold Lael (she was over a month old before I held her for the first time), I was incredibly anxious to hold Jaden.  But having had a c-section, I had to wait until I was out of recovery - which seemed to take forever!  Then when I was ready to leave, they had no place to take me because all the rooms were full!  Which meant more waiting!

Finally they took me to the post-partum unit only to have to wait in the hallway because my room was being cleaned . . . well, I couldn't wait any longer to hold my son!  So I asked the nurse to bring him to me so I could snuggle him in the hallway!
Lael was pretty impressed with her new baby brother, but she was just as happy to snuggle her doll! 
Daddy with his son
Lael "holding" her baby brother
Grandpa and Grandma Martin
Ready to come home from the hospital
Visit from Nana and Papa - when Jaden was 2 weeks old

Jaden, we are so glad that you are in our family - you bring your own special spice to our lives and I can't imagine my life without you in it!

1 comment:

Grandma Betty said...

Oh, yes, Jaden, and you are such a precious grandson! Happy, happy, happy birthday!!!