Monday, February 2, 2009

Super Bowl XLIII is history . . .

. . . and I really didn't see any of it! Not that I care that much about football in general, but since I've been married, my wonderful husband has endeavored to educate me about the finer points of the sport. Now, at least I can ask intelligent questions ;-)

Since neither the Patriots (the team of my childhood home) nor the Eagles (my huband's favorite team) were playing, I really didn't care who won - although I must confess that I was sorta hoping the Cardinals would pull off the win, mainly because nearly everyone I know was looking for a Steelers win and I like to cheer for the "underdog" - or at least the under-cheered for team!

So, what was I doing during the Super Bowl? Why, I was in charge of the concession stand, of course! I mean, football fans have to eat, right? (Besides, my best friend was here with her husband and family, so the guys watched the game, and we had "girl time" and took care of little ones.)
We had cheeseburger soup (so yummy) with homemade bread, spinach and artichoke dip (a family favorite) with Scoops corn chips, carrots and celery (needed something healthy - thanks, Connie) . . .
And for dessert, "football brownies" -- aren't they cute!

I just took my regular brownie recipe, baked them as usual, cut them into football shapes (use your imagination) and added the white icing "laces". Jaden has been talking about this all week - he couldn't wait for the Super Bowl so he could have football brownies! It's the simple things in life that bring the most joy!

No comments: