Sunday, May 4, 2008

What a week!

What an amazing week! I feel like I've been poured into so much this week!
First was the Ultimate Homeschool Expo --a week-long homeschool convention that's entirely online! Complete with seminars I could listen to "live" and ask questions, as well as door prizes and even a "mommy grab bag" with all sorts of freebies. It was so much fun! And so many of the speakers talked about keeping our priorities in order -- relationship with God, marriage, parenting, homeschooling, ministry. There was such a passion on the part of the organizer Cindy Rushton to minister to us as homeschooling parents. And the best part? I can go back and listen to the seminars again -- I just download them when I'm ready for them. (Now I want an iPod of my own so that I can fill it with these teachings to listen to when I work out!)

Then we had a busy, but fantastic, weekend -- hosting the senior pastor of the church we served as youth pastor. He came to do a leadership training seminar and then he ministered this morning at church.

It was such a refreshing time for Brent and me . . . Pastor Phil is like a spiritual father to us as he's the one who married us and has walked with us through the first eight years of ministry. He spoke so many words of encouragement to us, and I know that our congregation here was blessed and challenged by his ministry this weekend.

I'm so thankful for times of refreshing that come from God's hand . . . He loves us so much and meets the desires of our hearts. Thank You, God, for refreshing me this week!

No comments: