Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Dancing With God

I'm not much of a dancer . . . never really did much dancing growing up. Occasionally my husband and I will put on some music and dance around the living room, but nothing "in public". Recently, I received an email that made me think about dancing in an entirely different way . . . so I thought I would share it.



When I meditated on the word Guidance, I kept seeing "dance" at the end of the word and I remember reading that doing God's will is a lot like dancing.

When two people try to lead, nothing feels right. The movement doesn't flow with the music, and everything is quite uncomfortable and jerky. When one person realizes that, and lets the other lead, both bodies begin to flow with the music. One gives gentle cues, perhaps with a nudge to the back or by pressing lightly in one direction or another. It's as if two become one body, moving beautifully. The dance takes surrender, willingness, and attentiveness from one person and gentle guidance and skill from the other.

My eyes drew back to the word Guidance.
When I saw "G": I thought of God, followed by "u" and "i".
"God, "u" and "i" dance."


God, you, and I dance.

As I lowered my head, I became willing to trust that I would get guidance about my life and once again, I became willing to let God lead.

I want to learn how to dance together with God, trusting God to lead and to guide me through each season of my life. I want to abide in Him as He abides in me. I want to spend less time trying to make everything work out the way I think it should and more time trusting that He is in control and working everything for His glory and my good.

I want to dance -- surrendering, trusting, moving beautifully in the arms of the One who loves me more than I will ever know!

1 comment:

NeenTheQueen said...

Hey Lisa, I'm convinced you should probably write a book. Watch out Lisa Bevere!!! There's another Lisa on the block!! :o)