Monday, June 1, 2009

Monday meditation

We had a missionary couple as our guest speakers yesterday at church. As the wife was sharing, she read these words to us from the Message version -- it really spoke to my heart, and I pray it blesses you as well:

"Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion?
Come to Me. Get away with Me
and you'll recover your life.
I'll show you how to take a real rest.
Walk with Me and work with Me—
watch how I do it.
Learn the unforced rhythms of grace.
I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you.
Keep company with Me and
you'll learn to live freely and lightly."
Matthew 11:28-30

1 comment:

Brent said...

Lisa, I am so proud of you. You have endured and persevered over the past three years even in the midst of difficult times when things didn't make sense. Your meditation is a reflection of what God is doing in our lives as we trust Him day by day and lean on His grace as we stand on His Word. You are truly a blessing. I am believing with you that the best years of our lives, marriage, family and ministry are yet to come. God says in Jeremiah 29:11, For I know the plans I have for you. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. There is a future coming! Life always comes after a season of dying. Keep holding on to that which you are desiring in your heart. God hears your secret petitions - they are not "secret" to Him. I love you and am privileged to walk with you as we fulfill our destiny.
Love, Your Husband