Monday, January 19, 2009

Monday musings . . .

I was listening to a preview chat for the Ultimate Women's Expo with Cindy Rushton recently, and the speaker gave a new definition of trust that I've been pondering ever since:


Total
Reliance
Under
Stress and
Trial


She encouraged us to study and discover the richness of the names of God, reminding us that "you can't trust what you don't know!" This was an incredibly timely word for me, since we've been going through some "stress and trial" recently. Do I totally rely on God, despite what my circumstances are saying . . . because of what I KNOW of Him?

When I stop and consider what He has revealed to us about Himself through His names, I can draw so much strength and comfort from that knowledge. He is:

  • Jehovah Jireh - my Provider
  • Jehovah Shalom - my Peace
  • Jehovah Rophe - my Healer
  • Jehovah Nissi - my Banner
  • El Shaddai - the Strong One who is tender with me
  • El Roi - the One who sees

He is sovereign and in control -- nothing is outside of His notice. He's never caught off-guard by the things that try to "rock my world" . . . He knew everything about me before I ever existed. He is my Savior, Messiah, Redeemer and Friend. And He is the same yesterday, today and forever! If there was ever anyone worthy of my trust, it is Him!

No comments: