Monday, February 11, 2008

Worship defined

I have been thinking alot about worship recently . . . partly because my husband (who is also the pastor of our church) has asked me to pray about getting more involved in the worship ministry at church. But mostly because it seems that worship is a very misunderstood word. It seems that so many people have their thoughts on worship and what makes worship "good" or "bad".



One of my favorite quotes about worship is from John Bevere in his book Drawing Near, where he says, "Worship is not a slow song!" He goes on to say that worship is about who we are and about surrendering our will to that of our God, who alone is worthy of worship.

I want to continue to grow in this area: to make my life one of worship in everything I do, not just on Sundays when I gather with other worshippers. It's more about my heart attitude than it is about the song or style of music. At least, that's what I think!

No comments: